November 23, 2014

Winter is closing in! Brrrr!


 Kingman Arizona is usually 10 to 20 degrees cooler than what I am use to down in the valley. 


I don't do cold well.  Time to buy propane.

 RV Furnace doesn't work. 
Might just get a propane wall heater and yank the furnace and use the space for extra storage.


  Meanwhile.   

   Electric is expensive and I didn't want to jack up my sons electric bill using my little electric floor heater so he let me use his little buddy propane heater.  He drilled a hole in the floor to run the propane hose through so the tank could be kept outside.It worked pretty well for a few weeks but as the nights got colder it was apparent I would need something more. 



   Although not very safe, I bought a neat little vintage heater on Craigslist list for $50. I love it!

 It will get me by for now. I just have to be extra careful with it. 




  My 7 gallon tank lasted about a week to week  to week and a half only using it at night. If I used it all day on weekends when I was there all day it only lasted about 4 days. I don't like to be cold.

  Eventually we will get a wall heater with a thermostat and use this in out rock shop after we get it built wherever we end up someday.




But my flowers are still blooming! ...





.

No comments: