August 30, 2014

Gardening with my Grand Daughter



  All 3 of my grown sons and my 3 grandchildren live here in Kingman. So spending time with them takes away from my homesickness. I look forward to spending more time with them after we move up here permanently. 

  Since my grandchildren were born I have been living 150 miles apart from them.  I had only been able to on see them on holidays and sporadic weekends if they stopped by on their way down to Phoenix. I have never been able to attend any Christmas concerts, parades or trick-or-treating with them. Soon they will be too old to want to hang out with grandma. 

   All the money in the world can't buy back that time. 

  Last weekend I had my Granddaughter over for to help me plant my winter garden. I had already started the seeds and the seedlings were past ready to transplant. I love to plan things like this to make memories. I had done it with my kids whenever I could and now I have the opportunity to do this with my Grand kids.




I taught her how to build a trellis out of bamboo for the pole beans..


 

She is such a good helper and eager to learn...





She was proud of her accomplishment.



Afterwards we fed my virmacomposting worms some vegetable scraps



 Then we finished the day with cookies and herbal tea.










    I invited my grandson too but he opted to go to the park to practice stunts with his scooter. He is hoping to get a sponsor.... 
  (As I was saying about getting too old to want to hang out with grandma...)












No comments: